BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - NORTH AMERICA
Mootral SA is a Swiss AgriTech company that develops innovative carbon reduction solutions for companies and governments. Its first solution, Mootral Ruminant, is a natural feed supplement that significantly reduces methane emissions from ruminants.
Our headquarters are situated on the lovely Swiss Riviera of Lake Léman, in Rolle.
You will be located in our main office in Rolle, reporting to the Business Development Director. Your main responsibility will be to lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners in order to build new business for the company. You will help us identify and develop sales leads, including managing the full project set-up while coordinating the multifunctional team. We believe in building and maintaining mutually benefitting, trusting working relationships with new leads and contacts. To this end, we are looking for a talented Business Development Manager who shares our beliefs and ways of working to complement the team.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the North America business together with our strategic advisor for the US, and your line manager. Frequent overseas travel required
- Conduct research to identify new customers and markets
- Promote Mootral while addressing and predicting customers’ objectives and needs
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Follow up with prospective customers, organize, prepare and lead meetings and manage the overall project to develop leads into customers and beyond (after sales support) - working closely together with and coordinating the rest of the Mootral team
- Customize sales materials for specific leads and markets
- Support the BD efforts in Europe as work-load and priorities allow
- Prepare partnership and commercial contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines together with our legal counsellors
- Document thoroughly contact details, progress and next steps
- Report and share key customer insights with the broader team
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You can impress us with...
- A university degree in a relevant field
- Around 4-5 years' work experience, ideally in the dairy, meat, or animal feed business in North America
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills: highly structured and organized, able to keep track and manage several projects at the same time
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, good networking skills
- Good negotiation skills, ability to build rapport and read the room
- Proactive, self-starter, results driven
- A true team player
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software
- English as mother-tongue or C2 level required, additional European languages like Spanish or French would be ideal
- Ideally Swiss work permit
We can impress you with...
- Unique opportunity to bring a substantial agriculture-climate innovation to market: Be part of the journey and help to shape our business and the market to reduce GHG emissions for our planet!
- Permanent position at 80-100% and compensated with a competitive salary
- Be part of an experienced and diverse team
- Work in a modern office just a couple of minutes’ walk away from the lake and train station
STARTING DATE: 1st October 2019 or later
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Please submit your CV and cover letter by 15 September 2019 to Stéphanie Cadoni at firstname.lastname@example.org